× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN3000RP fails to establish wired connection

jormalaaksonen
Aspirant

WN3000RP fails to establish wired connection

Hello!

I have a WN3000RPv1h2 with V1.0.2.64_1.1.86.  It's working fine as a WiFi extender and used to work also as a wired access point.  Now, however, the wired connection cannot be established anymore.  I've tried multiple devices Linux & Windows and multiple cables and rebooted the extender multiple times with no luck.  All the devices work well with WiFi provided by the same extender and with wired connection provided by the ADSL box the extender is connected to.  I'm suspecting a hardware problem as there seems to be no options for configuring the wired connection.  Monitoring the traffic with Linux Wireshark reveals that the Linux dhcp client requests for configuration, but WN3000RP is not responding.

Is there anything I could do to see what is happening or, even better, to get my wired connection working?  It used to work...

One strange thing... The Attached Devices listing shows many of the wireless connections in the list of wired devices.  Actually there should be no wired devices connected because the wired connection is not working...

Yours,

Jorma

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
jormalaaksonen
Aspirant

Re: WN3000RP fails to establish wired connection

Hello!

Thank you nhann for your rapid answer.  It really helped and I'm now happily using also the wired conncetion.

Thanks!

Jorma

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jormalaaksonen,

Did you start experiencing this issue after a recent firmware upgrade to 1.0.2.64?

If you have not already, you can reset the WN3000RP to factory defaults:

You can press and hold the Factory Settings button on the side panel for 7 seconds. The Extender resets, and returns to its factory settings.

It sounds like it could be a hardware issue, you can check with support for other solutions and see if you are under hardware warranty.

http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/default.aspx

Message 2 of 3
jormalaaksonen
Aspirant

Hello!

Thank you nhann for your rapid answer.  It really helped and I'm now happily using also the wired conncetion.

Thanks!

Jorma

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7