× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN3000RP signal ext

fixitman
Aspirant

WN3000RP signal ext

I have the WN3000RP signal extender, that is extending my signal from my main router, which is a Cisco Linksys EA3500. However I have a older Netgear router which is a WGR614v10. I cannot seem to get the netgear and the Cisco linksys router to connect as in repeat or bridge, (unless i am doing something wrong). So I thought I would extender the signal with the extender and tehn connect the Netgear router to the extender as a bridge or repeater.

Any advice? Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: WN3000RP signal ext

Hello fixitman

You would want to disable the DHCP server on the WGR614v10 in the LAN settings since it will behind you main router. But you may just want to pick up a switch to hook up to the extender if you are just looking to have more Ethernet ports in another location.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
fixitman
Aspirant

Yes I will disable the DHCP. However this is what i am needing to do. My main router is in the heart of my house, and I have some detached buildings that i would like to have WIFI access.

Main router : Cisco Linksys EA3500

extra router : Netgear WGR614v10

extender : WN3000RP

So i have been trying to connect the Cisco and Netgear together, but to no avail. So i thought I could extend the signal from teh main router and then since the extender and extra router are the same brand name I thought I could connect them and have the WIFI access to my buildings.

Any suggestions.

Thank you in advance and I am sorry to be a bother.

Message 3 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello fixitman

I would make sure your main routers Security is WPA2 and maybe try changing the channels then factory reset the extender and then try to connect it to your Linksys router.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 7
fixitman
Aspirant

Thank you DarrenM, i will give that a try. I will respond with the results.

Message 5 of 7
fixitman
Aspirant

I wonder why this router will not allo you to set a security when setting up the wireless repeating.

Message 6 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello fixitman

It should use the password of the main router.

DarrenM

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7