× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WN3000RP to connect Ethernet Server to WiFi Network

dfilip
Guide

WN3000RP to connect Ethernet Server to WiFi Network

I'm interest in purchasing a device to connect two (2) servers in my basement -- both of which have Ethernet but no WiFi -- to my WiFi network upstairs.  I am looking at the WN3000RP, which I believe can be used to connect at least one (1) of the Ethernet-based servers to my WiFi network.  However, if I connect the Ethernet port of the WN3000RP to a network switch, can I then connect both Ethernet servers?  Or can I only connect one device to the Ethernet port of the WN3000RP.

To ask the question another way, if I connect multiple Ethernet devices -- using an Ethernet switch -- to the Ethernet port of the WN3000RP, will the WN3000RP do routing / NAT'ing for me on the Ethernet port, or is it only designed for a single IP / device on the Ethernet port?

[I guess I'm looking for a "wired access point"?]

Thanks.

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
dfilip
Guide

Never mind ... I just found the on-line user manual ... this will permit connecting one Ethernet device to the WiFi network, but there is no routing, NAT, etc., on this device.  One device, thats it.  Looks like it also only extends to one WiFi device as well (since there is a single LED that shows you when a WiFi client is connected).  I thought that this was something different.

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 2 of 3
FriendlyDutch
Aspirant

As the device is a Wi-Fi extender, I expect that you can connect multiple Wi-Fi devices to it in addition to the device connected to the RJ45 (Ethernet) port.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7