× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WN3000RP

Highfield
Follower

WN3000RP

Well here goes - I have been trawling through Netgear's pages for close to an hour - what an exercise in frustration that was.   I have a WiFi Extender WN3000RP (no I have no idea if it is a 1 or 2 or 3 as it does not state it on the unit)  - when I access the "Settings" on my Ipad it shows both my home WiFi and the Ext - in an effort to see if I can improve the picture quality on my television using the Ipad with this Extender -  I am asked to enter a password for the Ext option.   I enter both my home Wifi password and the default Password and am told that it is an incorrect one.   I know the password is correct - any suggestions because at the moment the extender is likely to the the second man made object to pass Pluto.

Message 1 of 8
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Have you already managed to set up the ‘3000 at all or are you at the first stage of setting up? Is in new, the lack of a version number usually means it will be a V1? If not new then I suggest that you factory reset it. Do you have all the documentation related to the extender, if not this is available via the ‘Downloads’ option at the top of this web page?

Message 2 of 8
Jaeger
Initiate

Hi Andy (Babylon5)

I think Highfield and I are having the same issue here.

trying the thing right out of the box, version 3. All set up and working well ( according to instructions), until the password is provided. It says wrong password, and I KNOW it is correct.  

Help us out please,

Jaeger, Oslo, Norway

Message 3 of 8
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Just to be clear, we are discussing the WiFi passphrase and not the router admin password? Are you using any ‘unusual’ characters in the passphrase? Have you tried temporarily using a very simple passphrase e.g. ‘abcd1234’?
Message 4 of 8
Ellacino
Aspirant

I have the same problem, straight out of the box it does exactly as it says it should ie when I go into settings I can find the extender with the name mynetworkname_EXT according to the book it should use my network password, it says this in incorrect. I have spoken to my internet provider who reset my passowrd on my router so we could try again and it still does the same. I have done a factory rest on the extender and when I go thro the set uo it does exactly the same, still denes my password, I've also tried "password", again bit disappointed netgear wont help with a fee, I bought the extender months ago but didnt get around to installing it so am out of the 90 days fee free, any suggestions please or do I just go and buy a new one

Message 5 of 8
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Ellacino,

Which WN3000RP are you using? v1, v2, v3?

After logging into mywifiext.net, and using admin//password to log in, please try manually updating your extender to the latest firmware.

Message 6 of 8
AngelaNZ
Aspirant

I am in the same boat  - Everything is working except the extender password - Have tried router password and rest and using "password"- What am I missing it cant be that hard

Message 7 of 8
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi AngelaNZ,

Please clarify which WN3000RP version you are using.

Use an ethernet cord and connect your WN3000RP with a computer. (then temporarily disable the computer's WiFi networks, and disconnect from any other internet connections)

Open a web browser and go to mywifiext.net

The credentials are:

user = admin

password = password

Go to Wireless Settings, under Security Options, you can view/modify your Extender's WiFi password

Otherwise, you can reset the WN3000RP back to factory defaults and complete the setup again
You can press and hold the Factory Settings button on the side panel for 7 seconds.

The Extender resets, and returns to its factory settings.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7