× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WN3000RPV3 cant connect on my windows laptop

Gab92
Aspirant

WN3000RPV3 cant connect on my windows laptop

Hello,

i've been try to connect the wifi extender to my laptop unfortuanally everytime i try it says  "unable to connect" , so i tryed with my mac and it worked . I Really need this to work on my windows laptop and i dont know why it doesnt .
My Mac and Windows laptop are in the same room, my mac get perfecetly connected and my Windows laptop doesnt, i tryed reset and doing the installment 3 times always the same. I checked if maybe the driver where up to date and they were all up to date, the wifi extender has all the lights green. I dont understund why it wont connect to my windows laptop.

I have a Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 on the laptop.

Could please someone help me?

Thank  you

Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What NG product and model# are you referring too? 

@Gab92 wrote:

Hello,

i've been try to connect the wifi extender to my laptop unfortuanally everytime i try it says  "unable to connect" , so i tryed with my mac and it worked . I Really need this to work on my windows laptop and i dont know why it doesnt .
My Mac and Windows laptop are in the same room, my mac get perfecetly connected and my Windows laptop doesnt, i tryed reset and doing the installment 3 times always the same. I checked if maybe the driver where up to date and they were all up to date, the wifi extender has all the lights green. I dont understund why it wont connect to my windows laptop.

I have a Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 on the laptop.

Could please someone help me?

Thank  you

Message 2 of 11
Gab92
Aspirant

i have a WN3000RPV3 - N300 wifi range extender still dont understund why on my mac works but on my laptop doesnt lol

Message 3 of 11
tlynch833
Aspirant

Gab92

Did you resolve your problem? I have the very same situation and would like to know what  you did

thanks to you

Message 4 of 11
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello tlynch833 - If other devices are able to connect to the extender except your windows laptop, you may need to update your WiFi adapter driver on your windows laptop.

~Christian 

Message 5 of 11
tlynch833
Aspirant

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your comments. My driver is from Realtek. According to their website I have their latest driver. Should I be looking for another driver vendor?

Message 6 of 11
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi tlynch833 - May you check and see if your laptop is able to connect to the main network and access the internet. 

~Christian 

Message 7 of 11
tlynch833
Aspirant

Hi Christian,

My Windows 10 / Chrome laptop and Windows 10 / Chrome desktop fail to connect to the network extender. My wifes Apple iPaD connects just fine. My laptop uses the latest Intel drivers on an Intel network adapter. The desktop uses the latest Realtek drivers on Realtek network adapter. 

Message 8 of 11
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello tlynch - Are your devices able to connect to the main router and access the internet? 

~Christian 

Message 9 of 11
jayburn84
Tutor

I've got an older WN3000RPV3, purchased a few and love them. But I only use them on the devices that I either don't have WiFi cards on like my older PC... and I had to place one downstairs near another computer that we couldn't run a hardline too (also no wifi card).

They worked great on both my Windows 7 64-Bit PC and Laptops... but I hardwired them in. I plugged them in close to the machines, connected them directly to the main modem/router via WPS... and use a short patch cable. I honestly couldn't believe how stable and consistent these things were/are... I know they are meant for extending WiFi and should be able to spit up some WiFi for those hard to reach areas... but have you tried maybe just running a hardline from the WN3000RPV3 to your laptop just to see if it works? I know cables and wires are ugly... but whatever works heh.

Message 10 of 11
tlynch833
Aspirant

Hi Christian

Yes, both my laptop and my desktop Windows 10 machines can connect to the internet through the router. The signal is weak. That is why I bought the range extender. These two computers cannot connect using the range extender although the signal is strong. The error message I get is "Can't connect to this network".

Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7