× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN3000RPv2 Range Entender - Will not stay connected to network

Thephile
Aspirant

WN3000RPv2 Range Entender - Will not stay connected to network

For the last few months my extender has been disconnecting from the web, once I reset it, it works for a week or two. In the last couple of days it will not stay connected. It will connect for a couple of minutes then disconnect it self then minutes later connect. I read one solution I found in the community but when I log in I do net see where the maintenance is or where to set the subnet or DNS. This has been very frustrating and I can use some help.

Thank You

Model: WN3000RPv2|N300 WIFI Range Extender
Message 1 of 19
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Re: WN3000RPv2 Range Entender - Will not stay connected to network

Hi @Thephile,

Check for firmware upgrade if any and try to modify wireless channel on router which should help you better. Maintanence may not be avilable if you are on some new firmware. Look for firmware upgrade in left pane and try to check for upgrade if any.

Message 2 of 19
Thephile
Aspirant

Re: WN3000RPv3 Range Entender - Will not stay connected to network

Thank You, I have one more question, Can I change the Netgear from 2.4 Ghz to 5 Ghz, I am using this with my
ring doorbell and was told by ring that my picture was bad because my upload speed is to low. When I check the
speed without the netgear it is always around 68 to 70 Mbps and with the netgear it is around 17 to 20 Mbps.

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 19
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @Thephile,

For speed issue, I would recommend you to check for firmware upgrade if any, modifying wireless channels on router to see if that improve it. Also, ensure extender is in line of sight to router. If issue persist, you can try enabling fastlane on extender to see if that helps.

Message 4 of 19
Thephile
Aspirant

I want to thank you for all your help but I thaoght I would do a factory reset. I wanted to log on

but the only option I had was a new setup, so I rentered all my original information. Now

when I enter my logon name and password and hit enter it again asks for my logon

name and password, over and over, I even tried to logon woth different computers. Does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong.

Message 5 of 19
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @Thephile,

Both user name and password are case sensitive. If it still fails, use password help option down below password and try to answer 2 security questions which you answered during account creation to retreive it.

Message 6 of 19
Thephile
Aspirant

Thank you but I tried that, I quess it is time to deposit this in file X

Message 7 of 19
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @Thephile,

If it failed, I would request you to try reset and reconfigure it. Try to give some e-mail which doesn't have any special characters and see if that helps.

Message 8 of 19
Thephile
Aspirant

I also tried that but give it one more time.

I appreciate on your help, and fast replies

Message 9 of 19
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @Thephile,

Appreciate your patience. Please let me know if it worked.

Message 10 of 19
Thephile
Aspirant

No, I tried 2 different emails and passwords and it keeps going back to the logon page

Message 11 of 19
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @Thephile,

Looks awkward. Did you tried reset and attempting setup again?

Message 12 of 19
Thephile
Aspirant

At least 4 times, I am at a total loss with this thing.

@jvasanth1984wrote:

Hi @Thephile,

Looks awkward. Did you tried reset and attempting setup again?

Message 13 of 19
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @Thephile,

I understand that you are frustrated since its not working. Just to confirm, is it prompting you to create account when you reset and try to set it up again?

Message 14 of 19
Thephile
Aspirant

Yes, every time I do a factory reset it wants me to set it up as a new install. No other choice.

Message 15 of 19
Thephile
Aspirant

I might have given you some wrong information, You asked if it asked me to set up a new account and I answered yes. All it asks for is my email, password and the 2 questions. I did setup an account on netgear.com. Before I wrote this email I tried it 3 more times with the same results. I think this just quit working. I have to shop around for something else.

Message 16 of 19
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @Thephile,

Try a last step as ON/OFF reset which was like you need to turn it OFF and ON for every 30 seconds while performing hard reset. Let me know if that helped.

Message 17 of 19
Thephile
Aspirant

Thank you very much, I am back on line.
I just need to know if there is a way to change the speed.
I did an upload Speed test without the netgear and got 68 mbps
And with the Netgear I got 20 mbps. I was told earlier to put
The Netgear in the same room as the router but if I did that it would be too
Far from the ring doorbell. I checked mywifiext.net and the channel
And speed are grayed out. Is it possible to at least change from
2.4 to 5 GHz. If not I will have to live with it the way it is. At least it
Works now.

Message 18 of 19
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @Thephile,

Good to know that it works. You cannot change channel and mode on extender since it depends on your router's settings. Try to change channel on your router and look for firmware upgrade for extender.

Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7