× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WN3000RPv3 Authentication Problems

mrjackal
Novice

WN3000RPv3 Authentication Problems

I have just set up the above device for the first time using WPS, all goes well and
myssid _EXT appears on my devices as a network but when I try to connect it fails with the message "authentication problem". The router LED is green, the Client LED flashed green whilst trying to connect. This happens with all of several devices I have tried and I am using the correct password/key for my router. I have tried this several times including factory resets always with the same result.

Ideas please?

Message 1 of 4
Sleepy_Joe
Novice

Since your ext is already connected to the router, you can open its GUI and check the security settings just to make sure that you are using the correct one. Or, you can just use the WPS of the ext and the WPS of your wireless adapter.
Message 2 of 4
mrjackal
Novice

I can't get to the GUI because I can't connect any devices. I'll give it another try over the next few days otherwise it goes back to the shop. Are there no Netgear members of this forum??
Message 3 of 4
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Try setting it up manually using the setup wizard by accessing mywifiext.net Reset the device first.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7