× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN3000RPv3 How to change to new wifi

DA07
Aspirant

WN3000RPv3 How to change to new wifi

Hi,

I'm hoping someone will be able to explain to me how to change the settings on my WiFi extender so that it works with a new WiFi hub.

We've just installed the new hub which has a new WiFi network name and password, and although I'm able to connect my devices to the main hub I would prefer to be able to connect through the Netgear WiFi extender.

However, the mywifiext website won't let me log in as it says I'm not connected to my WiFi extender's network - which is what I'm trying to change!

I'm no longer able to login to the old network as it doesn't exist anymore, yet it tells me I need to do that to be able to login to Netgear and change the settings.

I don't see a way of changing the settings without being able to login, so it seems I'm stuck!

Has anyone been through this problem and found a solution?

Any help is much appreciated!

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
DA07
Aspirant

Re: WN3000RPv3 How to change to new wifi

Just an update - I've managed to solve it myself!

Turns out the mywifiext website doesn't work on Chrome, so I just opened it using Internet Explorer and it let me login as usual and connect to the new hub, after I'd done a factory reset on the extender.

Thought I'd leave my solution here in case anyone else was having the same issue.

@DA07 wrote:

Hi,

I'm hoping someone will be able to explain to me how to change the settings on my WiFi extender so that it works with a new WiFi hub.

We've just installed the new hub which has a new WiFi network name and password, and although I'm able to connect my devices to the main hub I would prefer to be able to connect through the Netgear WiFi extender.

However, the mywifiext website won't let me log in as it says I'm not connected to my WiFi extender's network - which is what I'm trying to change!

I'm no longer able to login to the old network as it doesn't exist anymore, yet it tells me I need to do that to be able to login to Netgear and change the settings.

I don't see a way of changing the settings without being able to login, so it seems I'm stuck!

Has anyone been through this problem and found a solution?

Any help is much appreciated!

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7