× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN3000RPv3 WiFi Range Extender suddenly can't connect to WiFi

dfranney
Follower

WN3000RPv3 WiFi Range Extender suddenly can't connect to WiFi

Hi,

I have had a WN3000RPv3 WiFi Range Extender installed for a couple of months now.  It's mostly been reliable but I have had to reset it before when it would suddenly stop working.  This most recent time I can't seem to get it working again.  Basically it doesn't seem to be able to connect to my WiFi router anymore.

I have tried resetting to factory settings and moving the extender into the same room as the WiFi router during setup, but I keep seeing the same behavior.

I took some screen shots to illustrate what I'm seeing:

I connect my Macbook Pro to the "EXT" wifi network and the login page comes up as you'd expect:

Login ScreenLogin Screen

I login with my usual account and password and then get a screen saying the extender wasn't able to connect to my wifi:

netgear_2.JPG

I confirm the SSID, enter the Network Key, and hit "CONTINUE":

I get a screen asking whether I want a different password.  I don't, so I just hit the "Next" button:

netgear_3.JPG

Then I get an encouraging screen which tells me to connect to the newly configured "EXT" network:

netgear_4.JPG

After about 5 seconds the window quits and the previously green Router Link LED goes dark.  Sad trombone.  Needless to say, while I see the new "EXT" network on my mobile devices, I'm unable to connect.  They just bring up the login screen.  Also, I am able to directly connect to the router from my mobile devices just fine, so the WiFi is definitely working.

I'm not sure what's going on here.  As I've said I've been using this extender for a couple of months now.  Is there anything more I can do other than toss it in the trash and try someone else's extender?

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: WN3000RPv3 WiFi Range Extender suddenly can't connect to WiFi

Hi @dfranney,

Welcome to the community!

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7