× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN3000RPv3 unable to setup

TobiasF
Follower

WN3000RPv3 unable to setup

So I bought this model of Wifi Extender a while back and it has worked perfectly until a week or so ago. For some reason I could not connect to the extenders' Wifi so I decided to do a factory reset in hope of that fixing the issue. After the reset when I tried to enter mywifiext, instead of getting a prompt to login with the standard username/password I got a "New extender setup" prompt instead which was an account creation in netgear genie. But when I tried to make an account in that setup window I kept getting "400 Bad request" when I tried to finish the account creation, and I still to the day of writing this keep getting the same "new extender setup" prompt and the same "400 Bad request" when I try to make an account for the setup.

I've done multiple new factory resets and it keeps happening the same way, and I haven't found any other article regarding this issue in the support articles section, all of them keeps saying "just factory reset and login with admin/password", which I don't get prompted to do at all. I tried using the WPS function to connect to the wifi router, which initially worked but when I tried to access the network from the extender the wifi password was incorrect, when I'm 110% sure that I type the correct one. I even tried with the factory wifi password to the router, also the wps pin on the extender itself, neither worked. Is there some way to fix me not having to make an account in netgear genie, which moreover doesn't even work, so I can setup the extender manually from the mywifiext without having to use the wps function?

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WN3000RPv3 unable to setup

Hi TobiasF,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching us out. We are sorry to hear about your experience with the product. Have you tried using a different web browser or different device to setup the wireless extender? Please try to clear cache on the device that you are using to setup the extender and see how it works. Please DM us the serial number of the extender as well.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WN3000RPv3 unable to setup

Hi TobiasF,

We would like to do a follow-up on this one.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7