× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WN3000RPv3 -wireless connection dropping out

snoopynutz
Aspirant

WN3000RPv3 -wireless connection dropping out

Wireless internet connection constantly dropping out since firmware update on September 16th 2019

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

If your landlords given you access to the router (aka you know the admin login) you can reboot it over the wireless connection as well as make wireless channel changes. I would recommend doing a wireless channel scan using either a free program for a computer or a free app. this will let you pick the best channel. I do recommend channel 1-6-11.  

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Well there wasn't much info in this post.

1. What router are you connecting to? Firmware on it?

2. What firmware did you update to? 

3. Anytime you do an update its always a good idea to do it over a hardwired connection and to reset the device afterward. did you try resetting back to factory?

4. If you log into your connections page on the extender, how strong/weak is the connection?

5. Are there many wireless networks around? If so, the reinstall might have changed your wireless channel to one with interference. Have you tried changing wireless channels?

Here's your support page with troubleshooting (helpful), manuals, guides, and firmware.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WN3000RPv3.aspx

Message 2 of 4
snoopynutz
Aspirant

Woops,yes info would help...

1.Router: Netgear R6300v2 > Firmware: V1.0.3.6_1.0.63CH

2.I updated the extenders firmware to V1.0.2.78

3.I updated the extender wirelessly, did a factory reset and set it back up.

4.Connection page showing 144mbps

5.There are a lot of wireless networks around,however I have not had a chance to attempt to change the wireless channel because I live in a garage apartment and the main router is right downstairs in my landlords house and she is disabled so I have to have access in order to reboot router.I will try this ASAP however...Thank you so much for your help and patience.

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

If your landlords given you access to the router (aka you know the admin login) you can reboot it over the wireless connection as well as make wireless channel changes. I would recommend doing a wireless channel scan using either a free program for a computer or a free app. this will let you pick the best channel. I do recommend channel 1-6-11.  

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7