× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN3000RPv3 won't connect to new router

logan0504
Aspirant

WN3000RPv3 won't connect to new router

We got a new 5G router and the WN3000RPv3 extender won't connect to it.  I have tried to factory reset multiple times.  I have tried the WPS connection method.  On the mywifiext.net website, it says that "your extender is not connected", so I can't continue using that method.  I am at a lost! Any ideas?

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: WN3000RPv3 won't connect to new router

@logan0504 wrote:

On the mywifiext.net website, it says that "your extender is not connected", so I can't continue using that method.  

Are you connected to the extender's wifi network when you go to mywifiext.net?  Or are you connected to your new router's network?

Message 2 of 4
logan0504
Aspirant

The extender network does not show up as an option so I am on my new router's network.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@logan0504 wrote:

I am on my new router's network.

Then you can't use mywifiext.net to browse to the extender web page. You either need to connect to the extender's ethernet or it's wifi network to do that.

Try looking in your router's attached device list for the extender - if you see it there you could try browsing to the ip address.

Otherwise, you'll need to do a factory reset on the extender.  The procedure is in the manual I linked above.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series