× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN3000RPv3

PhilipG
Aspirant

WN3000RPv3

Model WN3000RPv3. ('Model' box seems not to want to hold this info.)

Should my Acer Chromebook be able to talkl to this model ?

It's fine with my Virgin Superhub 2, but when I select the Ext unit for a stronger signal it asks for my username and password for this device (not for Netgear), but I have never set up a signing in to the Ext unit. For security questions it asks me questions which I have never used for any signing up in my life !

My mobile is fine with the Extender unit - picks up a big fat signal.

Any ideas to get round this, please?

I have only used the simple WPS method. My desktop does not seem to have a wireless adapter, but if I go the browser method I will get the same problem as soon as I try to open a browser - it will ask me to log in to the device before I have a username or password.

Am I missing something here ?

I bought the Extender specifically for the Chromebook.

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: WN3000RPv3

Hello Philipg

it sounds like it is wanting to be set up manually try using admin/password to login.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
PhilipG
Aspirant

Re: WN3000RPv3

WN3000RPv3

Thanks so much for your reply Darren

Sadly the login using admin & password is not accepted.

Looks like I'll have to reset and set up manually as you suggest.

Now I have a catch 22 situation.

My desktop doesn't seem to have a wireless adapter, but the setup procedure needs a wireless 'device' to talk to the Extender, and the moment I call for the Extender on my Chromebook it immediately asks me to login - so impass using my Chromebook. Pity, it's a great little machine for internet use.

Now, my little Google Nexus tablet, which I have not really 'got into' yet, hooks on to the Extender just fine, without asking for a login, so I'll try the longer manual setup using that.

Wish me luck..........

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7