× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN3000RPv3

alapan
Aspirant

WN3000RPv3

My WN3000RPv3 is not seeing (through mywifiext console) any wi-fi network (SSID) packed inside Netgear R6120-100INS AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router. Is this because of any known compatibility issue?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: WN3000RPv3

If you mark the answer as solved it gives those with the same problem the fix. 

Glad it fixed the problem for you!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

@alapan wrote:

My WN3000RPv3 is not seeing (through mywifiext console) any wi-fi network (SSID) packed inside Netgear R6120-100INS AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router. Is this because of any known compatibility issue?

Not sure what you mean by "packed inside". Basically when you're setting up your extender, it can't see the R6120's signal?

What firmware is on the extender? Update if not current.

Firmware on the R6120?

Are you trying to do the setup using WPS or through the browser gui?

What browser are you using? Occassionally this does have an impact. You can try a different browser.

Here's what I'd try if it was me.

1. Reset the extender. Hold reset for 7-10 seconds. 

2. In the R6120, set the wireless channel to 1-6-11 if its on auto. you can do a wireless scan to see which channel has the least interference.

3.  for the initial setup, have the extender in the same room but not right next to the router. After setup, minimum distance is 30 ft.  

Try these and let us know what happens as well as the responses to the questions. Here's the support page for your extender and R6120

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WN3000RPv3.aspx

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R6120

Message 2 of 4
alapan
Aspirant

In the R6120 setting the wireless channel to 11 from auto resolved my issue. Rest (e.g. firmware) were in agreement with your recommendation. I was using browser GUI for setting things up.

Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

If you mark the answer as solved it gives those with the same problem the fix. 

Glad it fixed the problem for you!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7