× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN300RP- Downloads, video, etc. stop after a few megs are received.

Killebrew
Aspirant

WN300RP- Downloads, video, etc. stop after a few megs are received.

The device seems to give up after only a few megabytes of what ever data I am streaming or downloading are transferred. I use an Intellinet 150N USB Adapter (1T1R) with removable antenna (have replaced original antenna with Intellinet 7dB omni) or the Intel WIFI Link 5100 ANG internal card that came with the laptop to connect. Both experience the same problem. The master router is a Linksys WRT54G located at my neighbor's house across the street. Extender is plugged into a light bulb socket extension outlet under my carport, half way between us. DHCP in WN3000 is set to static using the same addresses assigned by router before turning off DHCP. Both adapters are configured with static ip's as well. I'm not currently using any encryption but still have this issue with it enabled. There are about 8 to 10 SSID's that the extender sees after a site survey. Changing channels seems futile as most channels are already used. The wireless utility that came with the Intellinet adapter shows the throughput jump to 2-3Mbs once download/page request, etc is made. After a short time, throughput fizzles down to 10- 70 kbps. Same thing happens with my Android (Froyo 2.2.2) phone. Tonight I'm attempting to download a 118Mb file for an app and the download stops after a few megs are transferred. After toggling the WIFI off and back on, the download picks back up and zoom, I get another few megs and then I have to repeat the process (sucks for 118mb's). Often times web pages will begin to load and then hang, while refreshing the page will complete the request. Sometimes I click on a link, see the browser send the request and the throughput doesn't move. It's like the extender never got the request. I've noticed that when a vid on youtube hangs halfway through, opening another vid while the original vid is loading or buffering will "wake" the extender up and I can get through the last half of the first vid while I let the second vid buffer to avoid having it hang too. If you keep the extender busy it seems to not act up as much. Speed tests will start, then stutter or stall, maybe complete or maybe return an error (no throughput). So, there are the issues. Anybody know what's up???
Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WN300RP- Downloads, video, etc. stop after a few megs are received.

for 2cents... paragraph will me people to read and responds
Message 2 of 4
Killebrew
Aspirant

Looks like choosing to "fix" my extender problems in lieu of sleep last night was not the best idea. Looks like you may have not slept last night either because that two cents you left me makes absolutely no sense. 😛 Anyway, the concise, non-rambling post a rested person would have left goes something like this:

My throughput sucks and I don't know why. Downloads hang before they finish, the extender doesn't respond to page requests often and I can't find a solution to my problem. I've had this extender for three months and have spent a lot of time babying this device's "quirks". I can usually figure these things out but this throughput issue is driving me nuts. Would you give me your two cents about my issue instead of my rambling this time pretty please?
Message 3 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

for 2cents... paragraph will make people to read and responds

write earlier on the phone
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7