× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WN300rp cascaded?

fluminus
Guide

WN300rp cascaded?

I have 2 wn3000RP and I'm trying to configure a dgnd3700 v2. The first repeats the router's signal and the second signal repeater. I tried several times with dhcp configuration with static IP but from the second repeater can not go on the Internet and the network slows down when they are connected to the second

Help me
Message 1 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

You will expect to see reducing performance when adding extender/repeating is normal.
Message 2 of 8
fluminus
Guide

but how do I make it work? I can not in any way. I've tried using dhcp with static ip but on the second repeater when you connect a client does not receive IP address and blocks all network
Message 3 of 8
fluminus
Guide

fluminus wrote:
but how do I make it work? I can not in any way. I've tried using dhcp with static ip but on the second repeater when you connect a client does not receive IP address and blocks all network

anyone help me?
Message 4 of 8
liquifusionv
Aspirant

If anybody has found a solution please let me know too, not sure if it a Netgear bug or we are doing something wrong. Thanks
Message 5 of 8
juanandresm
Tutor

fluminus wrote:
I have 2 wn3000RP and I'm trying to configure a dgnd3700 v2. The first repeats the router's signal and the second signal repeater. I tried several times with dhcp configuration with static IP but from the second repeater can not go on the Internet and the network slows down when they are connected to the second

Help me

Hey, I got a similar issue. I have a Router Cisco and two wn3000RP. I took one and configuretd to work sending the same ssid and it works fine. But when i connect and configure the second wn3000RP as a cascade from the first one, trying to connect any computer it doesnt get ip adress and doesnt transmit internet access. I tried a lot of diferents ways of connection and nothing did work. I think tha this devices does not support cascade configuration.
Message 6 of 8
juanandresm
Tutor

jmizoguchi, you aren´t colaborating. In fact, you don´t have idea about what the problem is here. The problem is the repeater, it have a bug and we will have to wait till Netgear realase a fix with the next firmware for the product.
Message 7 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

juanandresm wrote:
jmizoguchi, you aren´t colaborating. In fact, you don´t have idea about what the problem is here. The problem is the repeater, it have a bug and we will have to wait till Netgear realase a fix with the next firmware for the product.

you don't need to add your thread count from post in 2/6 and post sometiong useless on 3/13

original post is from 9/5/2012
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7