× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WN604 can't login to setup configuration window

cmd_nyc
Novice

WN604 can't login to setup configuration window

Hi,
My WN604 was working fine until recently. We moved, and now I'm trying to create a wireless access point at our new place.

After having trouble configuring the unit, I ended up doing a hard reset a few times today. But after the last reset I can no longer access the config window using 192.168.0.100, it just hangs and won't connect.

My computer is set for static IP of 192.168.0.210 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0 like the manual says. If nothing happens after a hard reset what can I do?

Bob

Message 1 of 6
Nhellie
Virtuoso

What's the status of the lights on the unit? Blinking, amber power?

Do a factory reset in this sequence:

Push and hold reset button for 30 seconds while power is on
Turn off unit and continue holding the reset button for another 30 seconds
Turn on unit (make sure reset button is still being held down) do this for 30 seconds more
release the reset button and let the AP boot normally
Message 2 of 6
cmd_nyc
Novice

Thanks so much! After doing your sequence, then doing another regular 5 second reset, I'm able to log back in.

But I am having trouble with the IP settings of the unit and I can really use some assistance. I'm able to create a wireless network but I don't have an IP. I'm sure I'm not configuring this correctly, and after the reboot I ran into the same problem I just had before. FYI What I'm doing with the Netgear is creating an access point at one end of my space which is too far from the Asus for good wireless connectivity.

My setup includes a TWC modem in bridge mode patched to my Asus router. Then a cable is going into my Mac Pro, which has 2 ethernet ports. The Netgear WAP is patched into the second ethernet port of the Mac. I have a static IP from TWC and I use the Asus to distribute IP addresses to my various computers starting from 192.168.1.100 and go up from there. My Asus is 192.168.1.1.

I guess I'm not sure whether to use 'DHCP' or to enter the IP settings manually. So far I'm not able to get either to work. When I enable DHCP I get an error 'No response from DHCP server'. When I try without DHCP here's the settings I'm using:
IP 192.168.1.111
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 192.168.1.1
DNS are TWC settings

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Message 3 of 6
Nhellie
Virtuoso

You will have to set an IP address on the AP that is on the same range as your DHCP server,

see page 16

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WN604/WN604_UM_5June2014.pdf

once done, you will need to connect the AP to your router/DHCP server so that the AP will be part of your network.
Message 4 of 6
cmd_nyc
Novice

Thanks again!

Do the manual settings that I wrote look correct to you?

And just to be sure - are you saying I can't leave the AP connected to the 2nd ethernet port of my Mac?
Message 5 of 6
Nhellie
Virtuoso

yup, your manual IP configuration is correct. Well, that 2nd ethernet port on the Mac does it provide you connection to your router?
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7