× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WN802T Firmware upgrade interrupted

jhicks
Aspirant

WN802T Firmware upgrade interrupted

During the firmware upgrade process there's always a big warning about not interrupting...well I mistakenly did. I'm afraid I own a brick now. I've tried to reset and start all over but am not getting anywhere. All lights on the front are solid amber. I have a direct PC connection but can't ping what should be the access point default IP. I'm assuming because the network indicator is amber that it isn't sending or receiving.

Suggestions? Any special voodoo tricks to get a factory reset? Or if the firmware is toast does that negate the possibility of a reset?
Message 1 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

try tftp method to upload the firmware.
Message 2 of 5
jhicks
Aspirant

I thought about trying that but I figured since I couldn't ping the IP address that any network hack, like tftp would fail.
Message 3 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

it is possible that you just got brick unit
Message 4 of 5
jhicks
Aspirant

As I suspected I am now the proud owner of a brick. I tried tftp anyway, although I would have been stunned if it worked. Looks a new access point goes on the holiday wish list. Thanks for your time.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7