× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN802T v2

xager8on
Follower

WN802T v2

During a typical day I have to turn on/off my AP abt 6-8 times in order to re-establish internet connectivity. Even though the "Wireless Network Connection" shows that I am receiving a signal. This happens for the X-Box 360 and my laptop. Since I have the house wired CAT-6, I decided to hard wire the X-Box 360. Which OBVIOUSLY solved that problem. But alas, I still have to go and reboot the AP to connect to my laptop. I have had this issue since I bought it. I also installed the new firmware thinking that this might solve the problem, but it didnt.

Is it a bad AP, or is this typical for this model. I had the WG602, which had no issues,.
Message 1 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WN802T v2

use B&G mode or 54Mbps settings in the WN802T
Message 2 of 7
GoodJob
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:
use B&G mode or 54Mbps settings in the WN802T

Is there actually a 54Mbps setting in the WN802 v2? I can't seem to locate it.

I know my laptop does connect to it at that speed.

But, for example, an iPhone only connects at 39Mbps. Is this a limitation of the Apple Phone?
Message 3 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

B&G mode or 54Mbps

said "or"

look gain
Message 4 of 7
GoodJob
Aspirant

Understood.

T.Y.
Message 5 of 7
beanejar
Aspirant

Any updated info on this issue -- I have WN802T v2 with latest firmware. The device will not maintain internet connectivity, can't maintain connection to devices. It is wired to main router and configured as access point. With power cycle, connectivity will be restored for variable lengths of times -- minutes, hours, days.

Stepping down to BG wasn't really the idea behind buying this device.

Any suggestions for correction?

Thanks,

Jaret
Message 6 of 7
sileclercq
Aspirant

same issue for me... please help
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies