× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WNCE2001 solid red power light even with wall adapter

archonix
Aspirant

WNCE2001 solid red power light even with wall adapter

Title says it really. I bought this wnce2001 adapter about a month ago, I've had it plugged into a powered usb hub to provide power, and today it refused to power up. I tried plugging it in to the wall adapter and it still refuses to power up, just gives me a solid red power led no matter what. A reset doesn't help, nor does unplugging it and leaving it for a while. If it weren't for that solid red LED I'd assume it was dead.

Any solutions?
Message 1 of 2
archonix
Aspirant

Re: WNCE2001 solid red power light even with wall adapter

I managed to reset the device and it powered on. Went through the set-up, and once it had completed it froze up and wouldn't send or receive anything. Unplugged and plugged it back in again and it stays on an amber power light. Unplugging it again returned it back to the problem in the initial post - not receiving enough power, even though it's plugged in to the wall adapter. It also, however, starts flashing the wired lan light if I plug it in, even though the power light is solid red.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7