× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNHDE111 - DHCP Relay in WDS AP mode?

Kitmatt
Novice

WNHDE111 - DHCP Relay in WDS AP mode?

Hi Folks,
I have a network containing a Netgear DGND3300v2 Router and two Netgear WNHDE111 5ghz devices set in AP mode.
All three are using WEP security and all have the wireless repeating function configured.

The router has the wireless basestation function selected with with the two WNHDE111 Mac addresses entered in Repeater MAC Address 1&2 fields.

The two WHNDE111's have WDS enabled and each has the router mac address in WDS AP MAC Address:0

The WHNDE111's are allowing network traffic to access the LAN and WAN if the clients connecting too them have static IP info, but not if I set the clients to collect an IP dynamically.

Both WNHDE111's are dynamically getting there IP from the Routers DHCP server and both are receiving the correct IP address from the router as I have the router reserve them and assign them. DHCP server on both WHNDE's is disabled.

I'd like to get the clients to connect to the WNHDE111's both over Ethernet and WLAN, pass through the AP's to dynamically receive their IP addresses from the router and then connect to the LAN and WAN.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer. As a Computer Science Grad, I'm stumped on this one so congrats Netgear for outsmarting a nerd 🙂

Thanks again

Matt
Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WNHDE111 - DHCP Relay in WDS AP mode?

I don't think you will able to use both wired and wireless on repeating
Message 2 of 4
Kitmatt
Novice

OK,
I was hoping that wasn't the answer but suspected it might be.
So if I setup my network for one WNHDE to be a bridge and the other to be a AP and put them in the same place , I should be able to get some extended wifi coverage and some ethernet based clients.
Not ideal as I had hoped to extend my network in two areas (big house), but one will have to do for now.
Thanks for the information.
If anyone happens to come up with a better solution, I'm all ears.

Thanks
Message 3 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

You may want to look extender model such wn2500rp
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7