× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNR 1000 V3 Problem

DMinor
Aspirant

WNR 1000 V3 Problem

My router is continuously receiving data. I have nothing attached to it except my modem. When the router is turned off the data stops. But as soon as it is turned back on it the data starts flowing again for no reason.
Message 1 of 4
storm_2003
Novice

Re: WNR 1000 V3 Problem

What is the firmware version of your router? Make sure you have the latest version.

http://support.netgear.com/product/wnr1000v3

What are the devices connected to the WNR1000v3?
Message 2 of 4
DMinor
Aspirant

V1.0.2.68_60.0.93NA

And it is happening with no devices attached except the modem. It happens when my pc is attached too.And I could understand if my pc or another was transferring data. But it's only the router and the modem. I am watching the RxPkts packets in the statistics in genie go up and up with nothing hooked up. It is like the router is dragging in data for some reason.
Message 3 of 4
jescott418
Aspirant

You need to understand that a live all the time internet connection will have things happening all the time. Its not going to be "quiet" no activity just because you are not using it. The modem will have communications, and you could be having random activity like denial of service attacks, packet sniffing and so on. These happen on the internet all the time. Its nothing to worry about unless you connection becomes affected. Most routers have logging ability to inform on what is happening that pertains to your network.
I can tell you with Comcast my modem and router is always churning data.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7