× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNR3500Lv2 port forwarding issue...

Ladinn1
Aspirant

WNR3500Lv2 port forwarding issue...

It's the first time I've posted on one of these customer support forums, but I couldn't get the serial number correct in the live chat registration screen, so here I am.

Both this morning and for the duration of yesterday evening I've been trying to forward port 2302-2305 to the local IP address of 192.168.1.6. That IP is assigned to one of my HP Proliant servers running Windows Server 2008. Yesterday I started a DayZ (video game) server on it and it started running correctly through the LAN. When I forwarded the ports, they just never opened.

I selected the correct device to point it to, set everything to what it normally should be- everything seems fine- but it just won't forward.

Now here's the weirder thing.

Before yesterdays endeavor, I had port 80, 22, and 7777 open just fine. Port 80 and 22 were (and are) going to 192.168.1.2, and 7777 to 192.168.1.3. (Both other HP Proliants)

I then thought the issue could be the Windows Firewall (thought it was turned off) so I tried forwarding port 21 to 192.168.1.2 which is running Ubuntu Minimal with no firewall at all what so ever. That didn't work either.

Then, I un-forwarded port 80 and 22 to see what would happen. It closed the ports just fine, so then I re-forwarded them and they opened again. That's what normally happens of course. Then I closed 7777, tried to reopen it, but it never opened.

I know this is all somewhat confusing, but see the screenshots below as they may help. As of now, 80 and 22 are the only ports that can open, and 2302-5 and 7777 are closed.

I've tried resetting the router and forwarding just 2302 and that didn't work. I tried disabling UPNP and that didn't work either. I even tried unplugging everything and messing up the entire home network and that didn't work.

As you can see, my ISP isn't blocking the ports either: http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/list-of-blocked-ports/

And yes, my router is connected directly to my modem, so it's getting the public WAN address.

SCREENSHOTS
Message 1 of 3
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WNR3500Lv2 port forwarding issue...

WNR3500L is NOT WN3500RP. It is is wireless N router and does not belongs to EXTENDER

Belongs to http://forum1.netgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33
Message 2 of 3
Ladinn1
Aspirant

Re: WNR3500Lv2 port forwarding issue...

Heh... nevermind, solved. The reason the port check tool saw that it was closed was because the server wasn't even running correctly. It was just connecting to nothing :rolleyes:
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7