× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Weak security

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Weak security

Hi there.  Wondered if anyone could help me please.  I have purchased a wifi AC750 extender.  I had great difficulty setting it up using the web browser.  In the end I had to connect using the WPS button (which I normally do not have activated on my router for security reasons). I seem to be connected now.  However, my iphone keeps giving me a warning message telling me there is "weak security" when I use the extender wifi signal.  I have been advised to update to the latest firmware for the extender.  But how do I go about doing this please? Even though I have managed to establish a connection to the extender, whenever I go into the web broser page of mywifi.net it just keeps bringing up a blank page, telling me there is no connection.  All the lights on my extender now appear green, but I cannot access that web page.

Model: EX3110|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
icthruu
Aspirant

Re: Weak security

Having the same issue with phone wifi stating "weak security". Any help with figuring this out??

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 2 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all, this is simply due to the latest iOS update wherein it detects if your network is using the latest WPA3 security protocol. WPA3 is available on the latest routers and networking devices. Also, you can access he web UI of the extender by using the IP address assigned to it by the WiFi router.

Message 3 of 4
btatarsky
Aspirant

I believe the question was:
I have been advised to update to the latest firmware for the extender. But how do I go about doing this please?
Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7