× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Website Programming

kidoryCharles
Aspirant

Website Programming

You need to fire the idiots that do your website programming. Why in the world would you have a website where you have to log in to your account on every single page? Why would you not have a single sign in so that once signed in, when you move to another page or site on your website, you are stilled logged in?

Christ, this is so infantile. UNLESS, THE WHOLE POINT IS TO DETER PEOPLE FROM USING THE WEBSITE< ESPECIALLY FOR SUPPORT!

PS, this is a general topic, but this stupid page doesn't allow that selection!

Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Are you saying that your community.netgear.com credentials aren't sticking in the forum?  Mine do. 

Message 2 of 5
kidoryCharles
Aspirant

No, they stick in the forum, but don't stick navigating anywhere else on the netgear website. Go to support, have to login to anywhere, then, if you have to go to another support page, it doesn't remember the login and you have to do it all over again, then it dumps you back to the beginning. I have yet gotten to any page with phone numbers, email or chat for support, even though I am supposed to have free 90 day support. Now I know why that support is free, there is no way to get access to it!

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

You should be able to access support through my.netgear.com.  I agree that it is too hard btw.

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Keeping the credentials valid spanning over multiple sites is just one of many problems on the Netgear Web sites, application pages included (being Community, Support, Insight Web Portal, ...). Alone on the Community (an SaaS platform destructed by Netgear Web designers) there are several problems with Ajax pop-ups for Insert Photos or Videos e.g. with the [Done] button hiding in a deeper layer below the position information (unless one does use a huge screen). Complaints and multiple scheduled downtime(s) since have not changed anything. 

There is a lot of truth in the OP's grime. You have my full backing @kidoryCharles !

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7