× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Weird issue with WN2000RPT

covlol
Aspirant

Weird issue with WN2000RPT

Have this installed in my basement of house. Worked great for a week with green signal light indicating best signal to router.

Today i had to reset the router and modem to fix a connection issue with the lap tops in the house, in turn i also had to reset the extender to connect my computer down stairs.

The problem is now the extender has a red indicator saying terrible signal with the router and its in the EXACT SAME SPOT it was before when it has the best signal.

I'm super confused and would love any help on how to remedy this with out having to simply move the extender since it was so super convenient where it was and worked fine.
Message 1 of 4
liquifusionv
Aspirant

Having reset your router has it changed itself to a different channel which is more congested?
Some routers do this when set to Auto so might be worth checking your router wifi channel.

I think wifi repeaters repeat using the same wifi channel by default.
Message 2 of 4
covlol
Aspirant

I'm sorry for late reply, but how would I check that and how would I know if that is the case?
Message 3 of 4
covlol
Aspirant

I'm very sorry for double post but i figured out how to check the channels and this is not the issue, also an update. the led light on my range extender seems to be fine (green status during the day) but at night goes orange/red when b4 this whole incident it was green the entire time. I'm so confused about this.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7