× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What is the best WiFi extender to use with AX5 5 Stream AX4200 Wifi Router (RAX43)

RouterBeast22
Aspirant

What is the best WiFi extender to use with AX5 5 Stream AX4200 Wifi Router (RAX43)

Message 1 of 4

Re: What is the best WiFi extender to use with AX5 5 Stream AX4200 Wifi Router (RAX43)

There is never any "best". It all depends on what is going on at your end, what you need, and how much you want to spend.

You might like to provide a bit more detail and not cram everything into the subject.

This is a good place to start.

WiFi Boosters & Extenders | Wifi Range Extenders | NETGEAR

Try plugging your needs into the filters on the product pages.

Then check back here for reports on the things you are considering, but remember that people turn up in this community with problems, not compliments. So look at reviews on Amazon, for example.

A better place to ask for help in extenders might be in the section where people talk about extenders.

Extenders, Adapters, & Powerline - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 4
RouterBeast22
Aspirant

Re: What is the best WiFi extender to use with AX5 5 Stream AX4200 Wifi Router (RAX43)

Thank for your advise. I checked out the link for 

WiFi Boosters & Extenders | Wifi Range Extenders | NETGEAR

but now I am still a bit confused and undecided. The WiFi 6 Extenders that are only dual band or the WiFi 5 Extenders that are Tri Band. The WiFi 6 has the latest technology, but less range. The Wifi 5 have better range but are older tech. The Wifi 5 with Tri Band does sound like the dedicated connection to the router is better, but again the Wifi 5 tech is older and less capable.

Would you have any recommendations based on the router I have?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4

@RouterBeast22 wrote:

The WiFi 6 has the latest technology, but less range.

Do you have any wifi clients that can use WiFi 6?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7