× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What is your longest up time?

sad_netgear_cus
Aspirant

What is your longest up time?

My longest up time has been 3 days
and then the PR2000 log plagued with [internet disconnected]
Must hard reset to get it working properly.(power on/off)
re-flashed and reset still same issues.

PR2000 setup
Hardware Version PR2000
Firmware Version V1.0.0.13_1.0.1
GUI V1.0.0.11
Mode Extender
DHCP Off
USB Off
Email Off

Whats your longest up time? Hopefully this is an isolated case.
Message 1 of 10
storm_2003
Novice

Re: What is your longest up time?

Please check the ff:
1. How far is the PR2000 from your router?
2. Any devices in between that might interfere the wireless signal?
3. When you were disconnected from the Internet were u disconnected from the PR2000's SSID too?
Message 2 of 10
sad_netgear_cus
Aspirant

The PR2000 is on the opposite side of the room.
My PR2000 is 8ft away from my access point and it has a straight line of site.

I'm using the Extender Mode with wifi disabled. Only one client connected via Ethernet cable on the lan side of the PR2000.

"Please check the ff:" What is ff:?

thanks for the feedback
Message 3 of 10
Nonsupport
Novice

My uptime went from hours to minutes to never over the course of 4 months. Do yourself a favor and just throw this garbage into the trash and buy a competitor's product. NetGear isn't interested in helping you either... they just want more of your hard earned cash.
Message 4 of 10
microchip8
Master

Nonsupport wrote:
My uptime went from hours to minutes to never over the course of 4 months. Do yourself a favor and just throw this garbage into the trash and buy a competitor's product. NetGear isn't interested in helping you either... they just want more of your hard earned cash.

I disagree. I had a few issues with my R7000 and contacted support. The person was very willing to listen and think with me to resolve the problem. As soon as it became apparent that we couldn't fix it on our own and it needed dev intervention, he collected all I provided and sent it to the devs.

This is my firs experience with NETGEAR products and I must say that their support is no less than others like TP-Link or ASUS.
Message 5 of 10
Nonsupport
Novice

microchip8 wrote:
I disagree. I had a few issues with my R7000 and contacted support. The person was very willing to listen and think with me to resolve the problem. As soon as it became apparent that we couldn't fix it on our own and it needed dev intervention, he collected all I provided and sent it to the devs.

This is my firs experience with NETGEAR products and I must say that their support is no less than others like TP-Link or ASUS.

So let me ask you this... were you still <90 days since purchase? Was the product still under the manufactures warranty? Did you pay for "premium" support?
Bottom line: NetGear home-user support is out-sourced to some call center in India, and they will NOT speak to you unless you purchased the product within 90 days, OR pay the extra for "premium" support... even if your device is still under the original warranty.

Didn't mean to hijack this post... please continue with the "What's your longest up time" discussion.
Message 6 of 10
microchip8
Master

Nonsupport wrote:
So let me ask you this... were you still <90 days since purchase? Was the product still under the manufactures warranty? Did you pay for "premium" support?
Bottom line: NetGear home-user support is out-sourced to some call center in India, and they will NOT speak to you unless you purchased the product within 90 days, OR pay the extra for "premium" support... even if your device is still under the original warranty.

Didn't mean to hijack this post... please continue with the "What's your longest up time" discussion.

Yes, it's a new device and still under warranty. It's no different to ASUS where they also ask you when you bought the product when you try to contact them

And don't confuse warranty with support. Warranty means that they guarantee the product must function for at least this long and it it fails, they'll freely replace it or something. This does not give you support time that equals warranty time
Message 7 of 10
Nonsupport
Novice

microchip8 wrote:
Yes, it's a new device and still under warranty. It's no different to ASUS where they also ask you when you bought the product when you try to contact them

And don't confuse warranty with support. Warranty means that they guarantee the product must function for at least this long and it it fails, they'll freely replace it or something. This does not give you support time that equals warranty time

Then riddle me this batman... How do you obtain warranty support without paying extra? Is there some magical RMA process that I can skip to? If so then do please tell. I haven't cracked that nut yet. My device is DEFECTIVE. It's not user stupidity. It once worked, and now it doesn't. I've tried everything to "fix" it, including hard resets, and firmware upgrades, and forum suggestions. So I do NOT need "support", I need REPAIR. How exactly do I go about getting this???
That's right: I CAN'T unless I go through the "premium support" process to PROVE that I'm not a complete moron. Again... this $50 piece of garbage isn't worth the $40 more NetGear wants to prove that the device is DEFECTIVE.
Message 8 of 10
microchip8
Master

I don't know why you're mad at me. I just said that I had success in getting support from NETGEAR for the few issues I had with my new R7000. I am new to NETGEAR products myself so I cannot tell you how they handle RMAs and stuff I've had two tickets open with NETGEAR and both were handled in a decent manner. I didn't have to wait days before getting a reply. One ticket I closed myself as it turned out AdBlock was causing the problems and not the firmware. The other ticket I got a reply today with the answers from the firmware devs saying they'll look into it That's it. That's my experience with NETGEAR support thus far and it's been positive. I can understand your frustration but getting mad at me won't give you anything as I'm just a (novice) user like you. I have no influences at all on NETGEAR's support system
Message 9 of 10
Nonsupport
Novice

microchip8 wrote:
I don't know why you're mad at me...

I'm not mad at you, and I'm sorry you've taken my posts this way. I'm mad as hell at NetGear.
While I understand your support experience was fantastic, I honestly believe you might be in the minority. Take a look elsewhere, and you'll see all sorts of complaints. I've wasted hours of my life on this router, and a good portion of that was oh hold with "riveting" background music.
My router worked fine for a little while, and now it does not. The ONLY way I see to obtain an RMA is to lie to them and tell them it won't even power on. I see no other way to return this 4-month old router with a 1-year warranty, unless I want to spend more money to get there with the "premium" support. I understand that most (if not all) suppliers of this equipment operate this way, but does that make it right?
Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7