× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What's the best AP or Net Extender to accompany the Netgear AC1750 Router (R6700-100NAS)?

roryschmitz
Aspirant

What's the best AP or Net Extender to accompany the Netgear AC1750 Router (R6700-100NAS)?

Hello,

I purchased a AC1750 Router (R6700-100NAS) and it's working great.  There are some parts of my house where the wireless doesn't quite reach and devices drop off.  What would be the best solution; Network/Range Extender or Access Point and which model would you recommend?  I have updated electical wiring in my home and powerline adapters work fine if that helps with options.

Thank you.

Rory

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: What's the best AP or Net Extender to accompany the Netgear AC1750 Router (R6700-100NAS)?

Yea any AC extender would work and powerline might be a good option as well. But if you want the same SSID and hand off capabilities so you do not have to switch the network you are connected to when moving around the house then I suggest looking at the EX7500 and the EX8000.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: What's the best AP or Net Extender to accompany the Netgear AC1750 Router (R6700-100NAS)?

Yea any AC extender would work and powerline might be a good option as well. But if you want the same SSID and hand off capabilities so you do not have to switch the network you are connected to when moving around the house then I suggest looking at the EX7500 and the EX8000.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
roryschmitz
Aspirant

Thank you.  I ended up going with the EX7500.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series