× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: When I connect Using Ethernet cord, It only Connects to something called "Network 2"

OneConfusedBoi
Follower

When I connect Using Ethernet cord, It only Connects to something called "Network 2"

So, I've been working at this issue for a few hours and tought to find help from people who know more than I do. The problem is that whenever I hook up the extender with a LAN cable, the network that appears is called "Network 2" and not the one that it is set to, however, when I connect via wireless, it appears as the set name. I have no idea what this means in any regard so any information on this is helpful. Sorry for any lack of information or knoledge that I may have, I know absolutely nothing about this sort of thing. Thanks in advance!

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: When I connect Using Ethernet cord, It only Connects to something called "Network 2"

Are you talking about how windows 10 displays network names? 

is it causing an issue?

Its just how windows displays different networks.  A hardwired connection will display different than a wireless network.  It doesn't impact their ability to communitcate with other devices on your network unless its providing a different subnet of your ip address. you can change them if you want but it requires using a registry edit. Not commenting about your registry skills but you admit to knowing nothing about networking so if its working fine, I wouldn't worry about it. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7