× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Which extender can i use with my Netgear Nighthawk D7000

CGab1972
Aspirant

Which extender can i use with my Netgear Nighthawk D7000

Good afternoon all,

i have a nighthawk D7000 and want to add either extenders or mesh, if so what would you recommend. previous experience appreciated 

regards 

Carl

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: Which extender can i use with my Netgear Nighthawk D7000

Can you tell us a bit more about the space you are trying to cover with WiFi now, the router location, and where the dead spots are?

Message 2 of 6
CGab1972
Aspirant

So, the netgear nighthawk is in the lounge and I get dead spot on the ground floor and first floor away, areas which are not in the same vercinity as the router. I have bought a netgear nighthawk x45 range extender? But it doesn’t really seem to be cutting the mustard ?
Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@CGab1972 wrote:
I have bought a netgear nighthawk x45 range extender? But it doesn’t really seem to be cutting the mustard ?

I think you must mean the X4S (the EX7500).  That is a good match for the D7000.  What issues are you seeing with it?

You do need to place the extender in an area where you have a solid connection to the router (generally somewhere between the router and the dead spot you are wanting to cover).

Message 4 of 6
CGab1972
Aspirant

Do I need to buy a couple more extenders and dot them around the house?
Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

You might need a second extender.  Can you give us a little more information on the geometry (some idea on where the dead spots are in relation to each other and to the router and extender)?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7