× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Why is support so difficult to use

Tenterden
Follower

Why is support so difficult to use

Is it me, am I just old and useless at this. Why can't anyone email me and allow me to reply to them Why does support make it so difficult to get support?? I am now so fed up with Netgear that I'm sending my extender back and getting an alternative one, probably not so good but hopefully with a support process that actually supports customers - or in my case - an ex customer
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Why is support so difficult to use

@Tenterden wrote:
Is it me, am I just old and useless at this. 

Same for everyone ... gee any more elderly ones here, count me in, too!

@Tenterden wrote:
Why can't anyone email me and allow me to reply to them Why does support make it so difficult to get support??

It's not difficult - however you are participating in a community here - to the information is retained, can be searched, it is for everyone! And nobody (except of the Netgear moderators) does know your email address. Oh and most community members don't like it if Netgear does answer to some people by PM (private messaging) - because the help passed is not public.

Well, for my part I hate these email "------answer below this text and don't change the subject blah-------" fed into whatever help desk systems ... just to see that any attempt to format is lost, and the information is compressed to a almost meaningless stream of sentences.

@Tenterden wrote:
I am now so fed up with Netgear that I'm sending my extender back and getting an alternative one, probably not so good but hopefully with a support process that actually supports customers - or in my case - an ex customer

The Netgear support (free for 90 days) would start there -> https://my.netgear.com/  ... but again, there is some chat-type on that Web site, too - or you can choose to call them after providing details like product, problem description, ... (depending on your market region).

Now, unluckily you started your problem thread thread in the wrong section for assistance on Mesh Extenders, and failed to provide any useful information - even after a fellow community member asked for more details. Believe me, there is a bunch of extremely active community members spending many hours per day to assist other community members for free. Simple questions are not answered, the readily available product selection isn't used - and people give up because we're asking questions in attempt to understand what issue people have with their Netgear product. And hey, we don't have a crystal ball at hand. Look, I know from wally brain having read your post you have a AC1900 Mesh Extender, have an Ethernet cable inplace, and try to operate it as an access point, and there are two green LED on, and it appears the signal is still bad. Seriously, I have no idea where to start ...

So my friend - there might be problems on all three sides of the table. But we're here for you.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7