× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Why is the price of 'Essentials EX3700' lower than 'WN3000RP', while being a better (>specs) device

SadefAutomation
Follower

Why is the price of 'Essentials EX3700' lower than 'WN3000RP', while being a better (>specs) device

Hello Dear(*),

Considering the possible purchase of a NetGear Wifi Repeater/Extender/booster, I got a bit confused lately while comparing a few of the devices.

If I’m not too much mistaken, it looks like the “Essentials EX3700”-model is a more powerful edition compared to the “WN3000RP normal range extender”, given that the former is equipped with dual band technology - therefore supports 5GHz signal -, has “fast lane” technology… while the latters doesn’t.

But on the other hand, it turns out that the EX3700 device is (slightly) cheaper ($46.99) than the WN3000RP ($49.99). Please help me understand why, in case I overlooked or misinterpreted some information.

Kind Regards

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition, WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Why is the price of 'Essentials EX3700' lower than 'WN3000RP', while being a better (>specs)

Its a supply/demand/age issue. 

the WN3000rp is older and so there's less of them. meaning 3rd parties can charge more for them. 

I'd definitely take the EX3700 over the wn3000rp. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Why is the price of 'Essentials EX3700' lower than 'WN3000RP', while being a better (>specs)

Its a supply/demand/age issue. 

the WN3000rp is older and so there's less of them. meaning 3rd parties can charge more for them. 

I'd definitely take the EX3700 over the wn3000rp. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7