× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wi Fi Range Extender Password Help

Meady23
Guide

Wi Fi Range Extender Password Help

Hi All.

My friend took my Range extender to try one before he bought one at his house.  I now have it back and am trying set up again for my network.  I done a factory reset, linked to my router and the 2 EXT were in my wi fi list on my iphone.  Problem is my interenet passworld will not work trying to join both etxtensions. Says incorrect password.  Please help.

Model: EX6100|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Make sure to factory reset with it powered up. Push and hold the reset button until the lights change. so do it like this:

plug it in and turn it on. Give it a couple minutes to fully boot. Push and hold reset. Its usually 7-10 seconds but hold the reset button until the lights on the front change. that should make sure its factory reset. I just want to make sure you do it right as I've seen/read about people just hitting the reset button for a short period and think that resets it. 

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10

All Replies
plemans
Guru

I would try hardwiring into it (connect an ethernet cable from extender to your computer) for setup.  Here's the instructional on doing it. Many people have better luck doing it over a hard wired connection.  

https://kb.netgear.com/24432/How-do-I-install-my-NETGEAR-EX6100-extender

Message 2 of 10
Meady23
Guide

Thanks for advice. I have tried hardwiring to router and just hardwired to computer.  I get the two extensions on my iphone avalible but the correct password for internet router keeps saying it is incorrect on 2.4 and 5ghz

Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

@Meady23 wrote:

Thanks for advice. I have tried hardwiring to router and just hardwired to computer.  I get the two extensions on my iphone avalible but the correct password for internet router keeps saying it is incorrect on 2.4 and 5ghz

Just hardwire it to the computer. It should only be asking your for the administration login info and not the wifi passwrod if you're hardwired in. Once you've logged into it, you can change the wifi settings. 

Message 4 of 10
Meady23
Guide

Thank You, I did get to this step since posting. I really appreciate your help.  I am up to the password step.  What should I enter here?  

I had this extender working for years just have had to re setup so have no details on password info that come with it. 

Model: A6200|802.11ac Dual Band WiFi USB Adapter
Message 5 of 10
plemans
Guru

the default login is admin.  default password is password. 

If you've changed it, then you'll need to factory reset. 

Message 6 of 10
Meady23
Guide

Thank You, I have done a factory reset and no luck with the admin and password combo.  I don't normally have too much trouble with these installs. Frustating. 

Message 7 of 10
plemans
Guru

Make sure to factory reset with it powered up. Push and hold the reset button until the lights change. so do it like this:

plug it in and turn it on. Give it a couple minutes to fully boot. Push and hold reset. Its usually 7-10 seconds but hold the reset button until the lights on the front change. that should make sure its factory reset. I just want to make sure you do it right as I've seen/read about people just hitting the reset button for a short period and think that resets it. 

Message 8 of 10
Meady23
Guide

Thanks so much! Lights were flashing and re connecting after my reset but holding it longer brought up the Netgear install genie instead of asking for password! Thanks legend!!!

Message 9 of 10
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear you got it up and functioning!

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7