× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WiFi 6 Has Come To NETGEAR's Nighthawk WiFi Mesh Extenders! - IFA 2019

Dustin_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

WiFi 6 Has Come To NETGEAR's Nighthawk WiFi Mesh Extenders! - IFA 2019

EAX80-lifestyle 1.png

Another NETGEAR WiFi 6 product making its debut at IFA 2019 is the Nighthawk EAX80 WiFi 6 Mesh Extender. Using the same Nighthawk Mesh technology as NETGEAR’s Mesh Extender line, which allows you to create a single, seamless mesh WiFi network for your existing router, this version is built with the latest and fastest WiFi 6 technology. By turning your network into a Nighthawk Mesh network, you can easily create a whole home WiFi system using the same router you are using today, whether it’s a NETGEAR router or not. While compatible with previous WiFi standards, the Nighthawk WiFi 6 Mesh Extender works best when paired with Nighthawk WiFi 6 Routers.

By using the latest WiFi 6 (802.11ax) technology, you can benefit by having ultra-fast wireless speeds spread throughout your home. This means extending Gigabit WiFi connectivity to WiFi 6 compatible devices without affecting performance. Additionally, the use of WiFi 6 technology allows for greater connected capacity for more devices in your Smart Home, while improving network efficiency. Ideal for homes with lots of WiFi & IoT devices, the Nighthawk EAX80 will give you the ultimate performance everywhere in your home.

To learn more about the latest addition to the Nighthawk Mesh Family, visit the Wifi Range Extenders Page.

Message 1 of 19
Elipalma
Initiate

Model: A6100|WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 2 of 19
BassetHound
Initiate

Will this new range extender work with the soon to be released (February 24, 2020) Nighthawk Mesh System (MK62) AX1800?

Message 3 of 19
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi BassetHound, 

Great question! The MK62 should be compatible with the range extender. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 4 of 19
schumaku
Guru

@BassetHound wrote:

Will this new range extender work with the soon to be released (February 24, 2020) Nighthawk Mesh System (MK62) AX1800?

Note: MK62 is a kit of one MR60 and one MS60. The Nighthawk Mesh is designed on the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED EasyMesh with a self-adapting technology.

Instead of combining mixed technologies and glue-on extender, I suggest to add an additional Nighthawk Mesh Satellite (MS60), if you need two satellites on the Nighthawk Mesh system look for the coming-up MK63 kit (one MR60 router, two MS60 satellites).

This makes much better solution than adding an extender.

Message 5 of 19
KimberlyR
Initiate

Will this extender work with my Nighthawk? I need one for the garage and for my sunroom.  If not, what will? Thank you!

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 6 of 19
Dave484
Initiate

I have the EX7000 range extender. It seems to be working fine. Would upgrading to the AX8 be a noticable upgrade?

Message 7 of 19
rrivers2
Initiate

Netgear Nighthawk Wifi 6 Mesh Range Extender EAX80

Hardware Version EAX80

Firmware Version V1.0.0.36_1.0.1 

I have purchased several of the Netgear Nighthawk Wifi 6 Mesh Range Extender and all units after the initial setup the 5G settings will return to default settings (Netgear-5G).  I did notify Netgear and so far they replaced one unit and I have not heard back on a fix.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Message 8 of 19
dudeitsjoey
Initiate

@Dustin_V wrote:

EAX80-lifestyle 1.png

Another NETGEAR WiFi 6 product making its debut at IFA 2019 is the Nighthawk EAX80 WiFi 6 Mesh Extender. Using the same Nighthawk Mesh technology as NETGEAR’s Mesh Extender line, which allows you to create a single, seamless mesh WiFi network for your existing router, this version is built with the latest and fastest WiFi 6 technology. By turning your network into a Nighthawk Mesh network, you can easily create a whole home WiFi system using the same router you are using today, whether it’s a NETGEAR router or not. While compatible with previous WiFi standards, the Nighthawk WiFi 6 Mesh Extender works best when paired with Nighthawk WiFi 6 Routers.

By using the latest WiFi 6 (802.11ax) technology, you can benefit by having ultra-fast wireless speeds spread throughout your home. This means extending Gigabit WiFi connectivity to WiFi 6 compatible devices without affecting performance. Additionally, the use of WiFi 6 technology allows for greater connected capacity for more devices in your Smart Home, while improving network efficiency. Ideal for homes with lots of WiFi & IoT devices, the Nighthawk EAX80 will give you the ultimate performance everywhere in your home.

To learn more about the latest addition to the Nighthawk Mesh Family, please click here.

@Dustin_V wrote:

EAX80-lifestyle 1.png

To learn more about the latest addition to the Nighthawk Mesh Family, please click here.

I currently have a nighthawk X10 R9000. I love this router, but didn't get the best service upstairs, so I recently bought NETGEAR® Nighthawk® AX8 8-Stream Mesh Extender (EAX80). Would this extender give me wifi 6 on the devices that support it?  would it be compatible with my X10 to make a reliable mesh system? 

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 9 of 19
schumaku
Guru

@dudeitsjoey wrote:

I currently have a nighthawk X10 R9000. I love this router, but didn't get the best service upstairs, so I recently bought NETGEAR® Nighthawk® AX8 8-Stream Mesh Extender (EAX80). Would this extender give me wifi 6 on the devices that support it?   

You would get a WiFi 6 link over air from the extender to the device, however the wireless link to the router (for in-house networking, or for a gigh-speed 1Gb Internet connection you could not max it out.

@dudeitsjoey wrote:

would it be compatible with my X10 to make a reliable mesh system? 

Convinced the wireless extender mode would of course work. The perfect result you might expect can be done by installing a network cable to conect a R9000 LAN port with the EAX80 operated as a wireless access point connected to it's GbE LAN port.

FMI: Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi 6 Mesh Extender User Manual , p.17 ff. "Use the Extender in Access Point Mode"

PS. If I could choose between some affordable 802.11ac access point (also supporting seamless romaing == "Mesh") with network cable installation or going for a pure wireless WiFi 6 Mesh ... I'll go for the first one. The CAT6A network cable will survive and outperform mid- and long-term any wireless toy.

Message 10 of 19
martheneilson
Initiate

Instead of combining different technologies and gears, I recommend adding another Nightwalk Mesh (MS60) satellite if you need two satellites of the MK63 series (one MR60 router, two MS60 satellites).

Message 11 of 19
fprrkinsjr
Initiate

Cannot get it to connect to the router
Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 12 of 19
Marchuleta46
Initiate

Unable to watch Prime Video or Netlixafter set up complete with this system.

Message 13 of 19
marcochapita
Tutor

what is the best system? Nighthawk WiFi Mesh Extenders using the nighthawk RAX120 + EAX80 or Orbi RBK853/Orbi WiFi 6 System) 

i have the first option but i will gladly switch over if the second one is better 🙂

many thanks.

Message 14 of 19
marcochapita
Tutor

thank you for all of your replys, i'm so much more wise now that you did answer all my questions Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 19
osirusgn
Initiate

I have been using this router for over a year and it works great. Now I am looking to adding a mesh. Is there a satellite compatible with the AC300 (R700) or any advice on how to extend the coverage while maintaining the same network like the mesh system works.
Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 16 of 19
marcochapita
Tutor

Don't get your hopes high, this is one of the worst community to help. I made a question a month ago, without anyone replying to
Message 17 of 19
Aschaefer
Aspirant

I can't get my Range Extender to connect
Message 18 of 19
schumaku
Guru

@Aschaefer and everybody who expects some community assistance - please be aware the community is customer driven.

For specific problems, head to the dedicated community section like WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh.

Start your thread with providing any related information (like the extender model, firmware, the router make, model, and firmware), and include the process you used to approach to install or configure or connect the device. 

Questions "I can't get my Range Extender to connect" can't be answered, wont be answered, and certainly not under an older Netgear marketing thread.

It's not good Netgear's moderators are not active enough, and don't de-clutter thready like these - or better stop people replying...

Message 19 of 19
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 21 kudos
  • 15 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7