× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi Extender Ex6200 AC1200

kky29
Aspirant

WiFi Extender Ex6200 AC1200

I have this AC1200 Netgear wifi extender Model EX6200 for quite some time. It has always been a problem in continuous connecting to the 5G EXT network. Every few hours our iphone connection drops from 5GEXT network and goes to the other normal wifi without extender. I have 3 iphone in the family and it happens with all of us. After few hours, we have to go to device setting and search and conenct to 5GEXT. It works for few hours and goes back again to normal wifi router without extender. I have tried rebooting, updating sfotwared, restarting iphones,laptops, etc. But no luck. Would anybody have some suggestion for this problem.

Thanks,

Model: EX6200|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: WiFi Extender Ex6200 AC1200

Hello kky29

Have you checked if some feature in the device is telling the device to switch to a stronger signal the extender network may become weaker for a minute then the device switches to the main network.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
kky29
Aspirant

Thanks Darren for the response. It is possible that this is the reason. How can I know about it for sure? Is there any way that the connected network does not change from 5GEXT option at home. I have another wifi modem. How do I make sure that my iPhones do not connect to anything other than 5GEXT option at home.

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
kky29
Aspirant

Thanks Darren for the response. It is possible that this is the reason. How can I know about it for sure? Is there any way that the connected network does not change from 5GEXT option at home. I have another wifi modem. How do I make sure that my iPhones do not connect to anything other than 5GEXT option at home.

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

If you do not have any devices that connect via 2.4ghz to the extender you could try the fastlane setting to make it 5ghz only.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 6
exxtreme76401
Aspirant

Also note that 2.4ghz has a longer range than 5 GHz. If you are near the max distance it will drop the connection. Try the 2.4 channel and see if this doesn't help with this.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7