× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WiFi Extender failure

PastorPat
Follower

WiFi Extender failure

EX6400v2 installed and working for about two weeks at home to bring two remote  Amcrest IP security cameras to my ARRIS SBG10 router.

Five days ago (5/29/21) it failed after a two hour power outage (no lightning in area);  no WiFi signals , and all the LED lights were on steady. Reported to Netgear Support on May 30th,  tried reseting but no changes were evident and no resolution from support forthcoming yet. Scan_20210603 (2).jpg

Model: EX6400v2|AC1900 WiFi Mesh Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 5
bobbybosler
Aspirant

Same here, but I didn’t have any power outages that I know of. You get any response from support?
Message 2 of 5
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi PastorPat and bobbybosler,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry for not being able to get back to you immediately due to the backlog. Are you still having the issue? Please DM us your case number so we can take a look at it for further assistance.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 3 of 5
jguckiean
Aspirant

Hi,

I am having the same thing after a power outage.  I have unplugged it for a while then back in.  All the lights are on like the picture in this thread.  I have tried to do a factory reset, but is not responding.  Was this issue resolved for the original post?

Message 4 of 5
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jguckiean,

Both users didn't reply to this thread anymore. May we know if the extender was working before? When did the issue start? How long do you have the extender? Please try to reset the extender again for a full minute while it's plugged in then unplug the extender for 10-15 seconds and reconfigure it.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7