× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi Extender reinstall

BBorgwat
Aspirant

WiFi Extender reinstall

TRYING TO RECONFIGURE AN OLDER NETGEAR EXTENDER TO A NEW WIFI ROUTER. MODEL EX6100. CANNOT US WPS SETUP BECAUSE THE ROUTER DOES NOT HAVE THE WPS BUTTON ON IT. TRIED TO SETUP USING THE BROWSER METHOD FROM MY MAC, BUT THE URL WOULD NOT CONNECT. FOLLOWED SOME PROMPTS FOR HELP AND ENDED UP IN A SCAM TRYING TO SELL ME AN IP BLOCKER. HELP?

Model: EX6100|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: WiFi Extender reinstall

First, to the left of the A key is a caps lock. Thanks you

2nd, when you were trying to connect to it via your mac, were you connecting wirelessly or did you hardwire into it? 

3rd, is the extender setup in extender mode or access point mode?

Here's a visual walk through on setting it up over wireless. 

https://kb.netgear.com/24432/How-do-I-install-my-NETGEAR-EX6100-extender

Message 2 of 5
BBorgwat
Aspirant

In both attempts to reinstall this extender to a new router, the extender does not reveal its NETGEAR_EXT network link to continue the installation. It does not appear on the network list under either the "Access" or "Extender" switch positions. 

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

@BBorgwat wrote:

In both attempts to reinstall this extender to a new router, the extender does not reveal its NETGEAR_EXT network link to continue the installation. It does not appear on the network list under either the "Access" or "Extender" switch positions. 

1. Try to factory reset it. push and hold reset ofr 7-10 seconds while fully powered up. The lights should change. Retry to do your setup.

2. Did you try to connect to it via an ethernet connection to go through setup? 

Message 4 of 5
BBorgwat
Aspirant

Did not try ethernet connection for the set-up. Will try factory reset and the ethernet connection for setup.

@plemans wrote:

@BBorgwat wrote:

1. Try to factory reset it. push and hold reset ofr 7-10 seconds while fully powered up. The lights should change. Retry to do your setup.

2. Did you try to connect to it via an ethernet connection to go through setup? 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7