× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi Extender will not connect to the Internet

Jorge612
Aspirant

WiFi Extender will not connect to the Internet

My main WiFi router is model: WNDR4500v2 and I have an Extender (EX7000). Ever since I downloaded a Firmware Update for my main router, my extender has been thrown out of whack. The extender would find a network but could not access the internet. And now the extender cannot find a network at all. When I pull up the Wireless Connection manager on my desktop, one of the SSID of the extender is there but has no security associated with it.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
netwrks
Master

Re: WiFi Extender will not connect to the Internet

It will reset to factory, whatever version of firmware that is currently running on the router. You will be starting with a basic router config, Same idea as out of he box. That's the objective. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
netwrks
Master

I would start with resetting the WNDR4500v2 to factory default and reconfigure. Always best to reset to factory after a firmware update.

Message 2 of 6
Jorge612
Aspirant

But wouldn't resetting to factory default in turn remove the firmware update? It would be like going back to the original router minus any updates.

Message 3 of 6
netwrks
Master

No. A factory reset can only reset the firmware that is loaded on a router. 

Message 4 of 6
Jorge612
Aspirant

So I can do a factory reset on the router and it will still retain the most current firmware update that was uploaded to it? And thank you for the help too.

Message 5 of 6
netwrks
Master

It will reset to factory, whatever version of firmware that is currently running on the router. You will be starting with a basic router config, Same idea as out of he box. That's the objective. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7