× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi Extender

jctmpma30
Aspirant

WiFi Extender

Dumb question ahead - I have the NightHawk AC1900 set up with my Verizon Fios. I am using the Verizon Quantam as the gateway to my Nighthawk in the basement of a 2 level home.  Upstairs I have two teenagers playing their PS/5 and wanted to know if I can use a NetGear WIFI extender ac adapter plug in?

Message 1 of 2

Re: WiFi Extender

@jctmpma30 wrote:

Dumb question ahead - I have the NightHawk AC1900 ....

AC1900 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

@jctmpma30 wrote:

I am using the Verizon Quantam as the gateway to my Nighthawk in the basement of a 2 level home. 

That too is not a detailed enough description to tell us how the Verizon Quantum (I assume) is set up. Is it also a router?

@jctmpma30 wrote:

....wanted to know if I can use a NetGear WIFI extender ac adapter plug in?

Again, what does that mean? "WIFI extender ac adapter plug in" could be various thikngs. You have a particular Netgear model in mind?

@jctmpma30 wrote:

Upstairs I have two teenagers playing their PS/5 ....

Wired or wifi? If wifid then Powerline Ethernet might be an option. But perhaps that is what you mean by "WIFI extender ac adapter plug in". These too can deliver wifi and are plug in.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7