× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi Extender

Thanos21
Aspirant

WiFi Extender

I live in a three story house and I am trying to get full coverage. What WiFi extender can be used with a Nighthawk AX12. The unit is overkill for my internet but I could not resist the price.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: WiFi Extender

The interior walls are cinder block? Or just the exterior. 

the RAX120 is a pretty rock solid router. If you can centrally locate it, it should cover 3000sqft without much issues. 

Do you have ethernet ran throughout the home? if so, you could connect the Pace gateway in router mode, connect that to the switch, and then connect the RAX centrally located in AP mode. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What model is the X12? Looks at the label. 

How big is it in square footage? (the house)

What are the walls made of? (certain materials block wifi well)

Can you centrally locate the router? 

Message 2 of 6
Thanos21
Aspirant

Thank you for your response. The Model is a RAX120-100NAS. The square footage is approximately 3000 sq. ft. The building material is a combination of cinder block, sheetrock, wooden studs and flooring. The RAX120 is located in the basement under the stairwell next to the AT&T Pace Modem. A Netgear GS116 is used for the ethernet connections. The equipment is located in the basement because the power supply is connected to the generator backup system. The phone lines also connected to a distribution center there.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

The interior walls are cinder block? Or just the exterior. 

the RAX120 is a pretty rock solid router. If you can centrally locate it, it should cover 3000sqft without much issues. 

Do you have ethernet ran throughout the home? if so, you could connect the Pace gateway in router mode, connect that to the switch, and then connect the RAX centrally located in AP mode. 

Message 4 of 6
Thanos21
Aspirant

Thanks. I am in the process of running ethernet now so I will try and centrally locate the NightHawk, Appreciate your time and response.

Message 5 of 6
henrymamar
Aspirant

Consider a reliable extender like Netgear Nighthawk X6S for optimal coverage with your Nighthawk AX12. It complements your high-performance router and ensures seamless connectivity throughout your three-story house.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7