× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi Range Extender Power light stays solid orange

LaurieKing
Initiate

WiFi Range Extender Power light stays solid orange

Suddenly, with no changes to the device or network, the orange power light remains on. I tried doing a factory reset and the orange light stays solid on. I received an email from Netgear about two weeks ago saying I had to update firmware, but I had not done that yet fyi.

Please help!

Thanks!

Model: EX6100|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: WiFi Range Extender Power light stays solid orange

Solid orange light means "device is booting". It might have gotten stuck booting. You can try the reset again but try holding the reset button for 30 seconds. If that doesn't work, you can try using a tftp procedure to send new firmware to the device. here's the instructions on how to do so. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Solid orange light means "device is booting". It might have gotten stuck booting. You can try the reset again but try holding the reset button for 30 seconds. If that doesn't work, you can try using a tftp procedure to send new firmware to the device. here's the instructions on how to do so. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

Message 2 of 3
LaurieKing
Initiate

Thank you for your reply! Holding the reset button for 30 seconds did not work. The steps involved in sending new firmware was a little too involved for my level of computer knowledge. I got through about the first half but I was afraid I'd screw something up. I called Netgear phone support and of course being out of warranty they wanted $49 to walk me through it. Ridiculous! I guess I'll have to get a new router.

Thank you so much anyway for your quick and complete response!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7