× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi Range Extender

NancyMcG77
Aspirant

WiFi Range Extender

I have owned the Universal Dual Bank WiFi Range Extender WN3500RP for almost 3 years (NOT LISTED IN DROPDOWN MENU).  We live in a very long flat and do not get WiFi service in the back.  It was recommended by our Comcast installation tech to add an extender, which we did.  As it never really worked very well, we connected to our neighbor's WiFi downstairs in the back.  They have recently moved, so we are not able to use our laptops/iPhones in the back.  This Extender is not really workig.  So, we need a solution.  Is this product still the best choice?  Can you add a second Extender and can they piggyback on each other?  Any suggestions?

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
NancyMcG77
Aspirant

Re: WiFi Range Extender

I already had the Extender half way between, and tried every possible location.  Thus, we replaced the old router with a new NetGear router, and continuing to use the Extender, we now have WiFi in the back of the flat.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello NancyMcG77

You will want to move the extender to a half way point between the router and where you need the extra coverage. Yes you can piggy back off extenders but do not recommend this since it will cut down the performance.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
NancyMcG77
Aspirant

I already had the Extender half way between, and tried every possible location.  Thus, we replaced the old router with a new NetGear router, and continuing to use the Extender, we now have WiFi in the back of the flat.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7