× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi extender AC1200

Trafford1
Tutor

WiFi extender AC1200

Hi when I’m trying to connect my Xbox one to my WiFi extender the device light goes a solid green then goes again and on my Xbox it says it can’t connect can anyone help
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: WiFi extender AC1200

glad to hear you got it working with the assistant!

If you mark it solved, it can potentially help others with this issue in the future. 

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What extender are you using? ac1200 is a speed

What router are you connected to? 

Are any other devices having issues or just the xbox? 

what firmware is the extender on? 

Message 2 of 8
Trafford1
Tutor

It’s an ac1200 extender and I’m connected to a technicolour WiFi and yeah all devices are having the same issue I even factory reset it and tried again and when I put the correct password in the device light goes green and then goes off again after a second and says I have put the incorrect password on
Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

@Trafford1 wrote:
It’s an ac1200 extender-----Not a model. See above. and I’m connected to a technicolour WiFi ----also not a model. and yeah all devices are having the same issue I even factory reset it and tried again and when I put the correct password in the device light goes green and then goes off again after a second and says I have put the incorrect password on

Please add the models. 

Did you setup the extender using wps or the installation wizard. 

Message 4 of 8
Trafford1
Tutor

Sorry I’m currently out at the minute so not sure what models and I set it up through wps and by the looks of it many people have the same issue
Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

when you get back, factory reset the extender and reinstall using the installation wizard.

device makers code wps differently between manufacturers. When that happens, you use the install wizard. 

Message 6 of 8
Trafford1
Tutor

Managed to get it working via the installation assistance wizard thanks
Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

glad to hear you got it working with the assistant!

If you mark it solved, it can potentially help others with this issue in the future. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7