× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WiFi extender EX3110

Pier_Paolo
Star

WiFi extender EX3110

Buongiorno a tutti.
Ho un Wi-Fi extender modello EX3110. Ho configurato entrambe le bande, sia quella da 2,4 che da 5. Quando esco di casa lo spengo e qualche volta capita che la mia PlayStation, collegata alla rete 5ghz, si connetta all’extender ma con velocità che non raggiunge neanche un megabyte. risolvevo facendo uno Smart setup ma ora neanche con quello sembra funzionare. Allego una foto con la situazione.
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Pier_Paolo
Star

Update: it worked!!
I updated the firmware and also I did the reset by WPS and now I see that also 5Ghz is working. So that was the key. Thanks again for your support!

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Is there a reason you're shutting it off? Why not leave it running? 

are you using fastlane for setup? 

How far from the router is the extender? 2.4ghz broadcasts much further and through more material than 5ghz but has significantly less throughput. If you're far enough away that the 5ghz isn't reaching, when the 2.4ghz does connect, its going to have a slower speed. 

Have you tried factory resetting and re-installing?

I'd also update your firmware. Your screen shot shows you on v1.0.0.44 which is 5 versions out of date. the newest is 1.0.1.62. 

so try updating the firmware as well. 

Message 2 of 6
Pier_Paolo
Star

I use the extender when I use my PS4 so when I don’t play, I usually turn it off.
No, I’m using the normal setup.
The 4 leds are all green meaning that the extender location is correct.
What I want to underline is that turning it on/off always worked, but today 5ghz decided not to work as it always do, and I don’t know why. Sometimes I tried with a smart setup and it was all done, I don’t know what’s wrong.
Maybe I can try with the reset, how I can do it? Also, how I can download the new firmware?
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

@Pier_Paolo wrote:
I use the extender when I use my PS4 so when I don’t play, I usually turn it off.
No, I’m using the normal setup.
The 4 leds are all green meaning that the extender location is correct.----there's only 1 led for both bands. Green just means at least 1 band is connecting fine. Logging into the extender is how you check both bands. as you've found out.  
What I want to underline is that turning it on/off always worked, but today 5ghz decided not to work as it always do, and I don’t know why. Sometimes I tried with a smart setup and it was all done, I don’t know what’s wrong.----I'd stop repeatedly shutting if off/on. Justt leave it on. Its not hurting anything other than using a small amount of electricity. 
Maybe I can try with the reset, how I can do it? Also, how I can download the new firmware?----the support site has the firmware and the manual on page 34 has how to upgrade the firmware. 

here's where to get the firwmare and manual: It also has troubleshooting and setup tips.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX3110.aspx

What router is it connected to? The router is the key with any extender. If you've got a crappy/bad router, the extender is going to perform poorly as it relies on the router. 

Message 4 of 6
Pier_Paolo
Star

First, I update my firmware as you said. Unlucky, nothing changed.

I'll try to reset, so hold the reset botton for almost 7 seconds and that's it (as I read on the guide).

For sure, I'll follow your suggestion: I'll keep it always turned on (I turned it off because I thought it was a waste of electricity when my PS4 was off and somehow dangerous to keep it on).

Is it connected to an Italian router that broadcast 30 megabityes with optical fiber. You may have notice I'm not that expert, but I can honestly say that it always worked well, I don't know why today I had this kind of problem with the router/extender.

Finally, i really want to thank you for your help. I'll let you know if by resetting, the situation will change. @plemans 

Message 5 of 6
Pier_Paolo
Star

Update: it worked!!
I updated the firmware and also I did the reset by WPS and now I see that also 5Ghz is working. So that was the key. Thanks again for your support!
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7