× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WiFi extender firmware thru nighthawk

Davidkay
Aspirant

WiFi extender firmware thru nighthawk

Why does nighthawk tell me to update the firmware when I just installed it AND it upgraded firmware during that process. Plus the support for trying to update FW is sending me in circles. Their web pages need some TLC.
Model: C3000|N300 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 12
plemans
Guru

What extender do you have? 

What firmware is on it? How are you attempting setup? 

Message 2 of 12
Davidkay
Aspirant

I followed the three step directions for setup. It said it updated firmware during the process.
Now, the nighthawk app says the firmware is not up to date.
I have tried reinstalling the app.
The extender seems to work, but I can’t get past the update request to check speed connected devices, etc.
I Went to router login.net, logged in as admin, but when it asks if I want to update firmware, there is a black button bar across the bottom, that I assume cuts off the y/n button.
Message 3 of 12
plemans
Guru

@Davidkay wrote:
I followed the three step directions for setup. ---what three steps? It said it updated firmware during the process.
Now, the nighthawk app says the firmware is not up to date.---so what version are you on?
I have tried reinstalling the app.
The extender seems to work, but I can’t get past the update request to check speed connected devices, etc.
I Went to router login.net, logged in as admin, but when it asks if I want to update firmware, there is a black button bar across the bottom, that I assume cuts off the y/n button.---try a different device or browser? maybe its a browser issue. 

And finally What extender are you using? 

Message 4 of 12
Davidkay
Aspirant

The model name will not stay in the “recommended window”. It also does not appear in the scrolling menu.
It is AX 1800, hardware version is EAX15, firmware is V1.0.1.20.
I am using my IPhone for attempts since it is what was used to install the unit, so I think it is the browser is Safari.
Message 5 of 12
plemans
Guru

If you're on version 1.0.1.20, then you're on the latest version. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/eax15.aspx

Message 6 of 12
Davidkay
Aspirant

I think so as well, but my issue is Nighthawk. It will not let me get past the window that says my "Firmware is Out of Date".

Message 7 of 12
plemans
Guru

@Davidkay wrote:

I think so as well, but my issue is Nighthawk.----the app? the router? the browser? 

It will not let me get past the window that says my "Firmware is Out of Date".

Have you tried hardwiring into it with a pc/laptop and using the browser?

Message 8 of 12
Davidkay
Aspirant

I lost the last email from you, but I hooked up a lan cable to a PC, but can’t figure what that could possibly have to do with a nighthawk issue.
Now that I have it hardwired to a computer, do I add it as a device or what?
Message 9 of 12
plemans
Guru

@Davidkay wrote:
I lost the last email from you, but I hooked up a lan cable to a PC, but can’t figure what that could possibly have to do with a nighthawk issue.
Now that I have it hardwired to a computer, do I add it as a device or what?

1. What exactly are you trying to do? 

2. Nighthawk is a brand name. Nighthawk routers/extenders/mesh/etc. Saying its a nighthawk issue is like try to wire a home and saying its a home depot issue. It doesn't tell us whats going on, what you're using, what you've tried. or much of anything. 

Message 10 of 12
Davidkay
Aspirant

Am I running a continuous topic or not? You act like a whole new tech who hasn’t seen any of my previous comments.
Message 11 of 12
plemans
Guru

1. We aren't techs. This is the community forum where members of the public help out. 

2. you're on the latest firmware

3. nighthawk isn't an explaination of the problem you're having. so what is? you're on the latest. is there some other issue? 

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7