× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WiFi extender setup not completed

bermbos19
Aspirant

WiFi extender setup not completed

I am in the middle of the set up of the wifi extender where I'm told to connect my devices to the new extender, when it timed out and I can not get back to that page to know what to do next.  Is the extender ready for use since I was successful connecting to it?  If so, is it safe to move it away from the router and start using it elsewhere in the house?

Thank you.  Even though I read that I have 90 free support, there is absolutely no way to find a number to call.

Message 1 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Look for the extender's IP address in your router's attached device list.  Then enter that IP address in your browser.  That should bring you to the extender's web page, so you can review the setup.

Message 2 of 8
bermbos19
Aspirant

Thank you for the help, but I don't know how to locate my router's attached device list.  I've looked around in the control panel under the wireless network, but I did not see anything that said attached device list. Though the extender appears to be working very well, I'm thinking that knowing its IP address would be important at some point.

Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@bermbos19 wrote:

Thank you for the help, but I don't know how to locate my router's attached device list. 

It would be on the router's web page, not in the Windows control panel.

What router do you have (manufacturer and model)?

Message 4 of 8
bermbos19
Aspirant

Oh.  I have an AC2200 Nighthawk X4 Wall-plug Range Extender(EX7300)

Message 5 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @bermbos19,

Have you tried looking for the extended signal (usually similar to the main with _EXT) and connecting to it?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 6 of 8
bermbos19
Aspirant

Yes!  I've been using it.  Just thought it would be a good idea to know the IP address.  Thank you for replying.

Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

If you provide the manufacturer/model of the router, then perhaps we can look up how to get to the attached device list for you.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7