× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WiFi range extender

Fivestars5
Tutor

WiFi range extender

I have a new broadband provider and router they provided, Technicolor dga0122nlk. I can connect to my extender via wps
My devices can see the extender but when I try to connect by typing in my router password i am told it is the wrong password but I know the password is correct. The extender worked perfectly well on my previous router. I have also reset the extender. Can someone please help???
Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Try installing the extender using the installation assistant. WPS can get coded different and cause issues. 

so factory reset the extender and try the assistant. don't use WPS

Message 2 of 8
Fivestars5
Tutor

I have downloaded a WiFi network manager and reset the extender. The manager sees NETGEAR_EXT, the device links lights, click on the _EXT and it opens a browser, msn, type in mywifiext it takes me to a netgear page saying “ you are not connected to your extender’s network”. So what do I do now?
Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

try hardwiring the ex2700 into your pc/laptop that you're using for setup. Just make sure to disable the pc/laptops wireless so its not defaulting back to the wireless connection. 

Message 4 of 8
Fivestars5
Tutor

When I turn off the laptop WiFi and hardwire the ex2700 the sSIDs are grayed out in the network manager and there is no device light on the ex2700.
Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

Is the ethernet port enabled on the laptop? 

If you shut off wifi, the wireless ssid's will be grayed out/not visible. 

You're trying to use the ethernet connection to the router. 

Message 6 of 8
Fivestars5
Tutor

I have managed to get onto the installer and setup a password and it is all working now.
Thanks for your help
Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

Glad it worked!

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation