× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi Exntender drops internet connection all of sudden

undersky1st
Follower

Wifi Exntender drops internet connection all of sudden

Hello everyone,

I never thought I would need post something but I really is out of ways to try to troubleshoot it.

I have a N300 / Model EX2700 WiFi extender, it worked perfect before for about 3 months. Then, all of sudden, it started to drop internet connection. The problem is that it would appear as though it's connected. I've attached an image showing how it is except my devices connected to the extender has exlaimation mark on wifi icon or mobile device just couldn't load webpage or anything. (the other plug is for a lamp so I don't think it comsume a lot power)

At first I thought it was over crowded connection to one device, but now I only have 1 phone, 1 printer, and 1 laptop connected to it and they all have issues whereas all my other devices (5+) connected directly to rounter is working perfect. At this point, I can only fix it by unplug and unplug it back in, so I'm not sure if it's the connection between extender and rounter, or the hardware of the extender itself (firmware was updated).

Thank you guys for any clues.

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Wifi Exntender drops internet connection all of sudden

What firmware is on the extender?

One of the most frequent issues with internet problems with extenders is interference. 

Things to try.

Download a wifi scanner for phone or pc (free versions). Try to find the least congestioned channel. Shoot for 1-6-11. 

How many networks do you see when scanning?

Random things can change network performance. Have you tried moving the extender around to different locations? maybe a recent new wifi device is causing interference. 

what router are you connecting back to? Firmware on it? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7