× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi Extender Giving Me Trouble

Martin0307
Aspirant

Wifi Extender Giving Me Trouble

My WN3500RP WIFI Extender has worked fine for years now. However, recently it's been giving me problems intermitently. Sometimes I can't get on the internet with it and sometimes the connection is really slow. SOmetimes it works fine. I've recent it many times, I went to the mywifi website and reconnected it with "Genie" et.. 

I notice that a light with an up arrow and a down arrow is now on with a solid green light. That light never used to come on until I started having problems connecting. 

Does anyone on here have an idea of what could be wrong with my extender?  WHen I connect to my router without the extender my internet works fine, so it is not my routher or internet connection. 

Thanks for any help you can provide! 

Model: WN3500RP|Universal Dual Band WiFi Extender
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Wifi Extender Giving Me Trouble

Hello Martin 0307

You may want to try and change the wireless channels on your extender the signal could be dropping between the router and extender because of other wifi noise.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
Martin0307
Aspirant

Thank You DarrenM!  How do I change the channel? 

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello martin0307

Here is a KB about how to do this.

http://kb.netgear.com/23783/Improving-2-4Ghz-Wireless-Performance-by-Changing-Channel?cid=wmt_netgea...

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7